Subject: Save the date: Workshop on Artificial intelligence awareness for threat detection and epidemic intelligence (MET-000063), Stockholm, Sweden, 2-3 October 2024
From: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
To: "Werber Dirk" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "Jorgen Stassijns" <[email-masked]>, "Javiera Rebolledo" <[email-masked]>, "rfilipova" <[email-masked]>, "zvjezdana.lovric" <[email-masked]>, "goranka.petrovic" <[email-masked]>, "Valentinos Silvestros" <[email-masked]>, "Despo Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, "Christopher Haralambous" <[email-masked]>,Dlhý Jozef, MUDr. Ph.D. <[email-masked]>, "Katja Nyholm Olsen" <[email-masked]>, "Tyr
Cc: "PHF Support" <[email-masked]>, "Laura Espinosa" <[email-masked]>, "Katja Siling" <[email-masked]>, "Angela Ancona" <[email-masked]>, "Meetings" <[email-masked]>, "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 10:58:35 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: Operational Contact Points for Epidemic Intelligence; National Focal 
Points for Threat detection, EWRS and IHR

CC: National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is organising 
a workshop on Artificial intelligence (AI) awareness for threat detection 
and epidemic intelligence at the ECDC premises, Stockholm, Sweden on 2 and 3 
October 2024. Kindly find attached the draft agenda.

The main objective of this workshop is to increase awareness and 
understanding of the opportunities AI brings to threat detection and 
epidemic intelligence. The workshop will be held in-person, and online 
participation will be possible for the speakers presenting the AI use cases. 
This workshop is targeted towards Operational Contact Points for Epidemic 
Intelligence or National Focal Points for Threat detection, EWRS and IHR 
(including team members working on threat detection activities), and other 
key stakeholders, with no- or limited experience in implementing AI for 
threat detection and epidemic intelligence.

We have allocated one seat per country and kindly ask you to inform us to 
whom we should send the official invitation in the coming weeks.

We kindly ask you to save the date and forward this email to the nominated 
person to attend the workshop if she/he/they are not included in the 
recipients of this email.

According to the Rules of Reimbursement (Rules for reimbursement of expenses 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/rules-reimbursement-expenses-incurred-invitees-invited-ecdc> 
incurred by invitees invited by ECDC), ECDC will organize and cover the 
costs of your flights (including travel insurance) and accommodation 
according to the meeting agenda and provide you with meals. You will also be 
entitled to claim the daily subsistence allowance and public transportation 
to/from the airport after attending the meeting by completing and submitting 
a Reimbursement application form. No reimbursements are foreseen for 
participants based in Stockholm.

For any question, do not hesitate to contact us at 
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked].

Kind regards,

Gianfranco Spiteri

On behalf of the ECDC Epidemic Intelligence team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.